Full name: Maryam Yazdanparast
2010 MSc in Microbiology, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran
Thesis: Cloning and production of a chimeric recombinant protein in Escherichia coli from a synthetic gene composed of truncated Intimin and Tir of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and evaluation of its immunogenicity in mice
2006 B.Sc. in Microbiology, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
- Volunteer research assistant, Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, Apr. 2017-Now.
- Volunteer research assistant, Experimental Medicine Research Center, Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, Apr. 2016- May. 2017.
- Co-authoring different scientific papers as detailed in the following, 2010-Now.
My most recent research interest include cancer studies, precised medicine, and nutraceutical/pharmaceutical metabolisms.
Previousely, I have researched in a range of topics as it follows:
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Cannabinoid receptors involvement in inflammatory-induced seizure
- Stroke model pilote experiment
- Recombinant Vaccines
- Experienced in techniques required for cloning including Primer designing, PCR, Gel analysis, cloning (digestion, ligation, competent cell preparation and transformation).
- Experienced in cellular and molecular techniques such as protein expression and purification, cell culture, ELISA, Western analysis.
- Experienced in microbial techniques (culturing, screening, and counting) and challenges.
- Handling Standalone Bioinformatics and statistical analysis software as well as online BLASTing and Databases.
- Practiced laboratory animal (mice) techniques (animal handling, BDL (Bile Duct Ligation) operation, seizure induction, blood sampling, gastric ulcer assessments, and some other macroscopic and histo-pathological examinations.
- Equipped with the intellectual skills required for research project management including Experiment planning and problem-solving, methodological design, and analytic skills.
- Seyedeh Hoda Moravej, R. Mirnejad, M. Yazdanparast, A. Mirhosseini, M. Moosazadeh Moghaddam, “Antimicrobial Peptides: Features, Action, and Their Resistance Mechanisms in Bacteria”, Feb. 2018, Microbial Drug Resistance, 2018, DOI:10.1089/mdr.2017.0392.
- Nastaran Rahimi, M. Hassanipour, N. Sistani Allahabadi, F. Sabbaghziarani, Yazdanparast, A. Dehpour, “Bile duct ligation alleviates acetic acid intestinal damages in rats via nitric oxide- and opioid-dependent mechanism”, Pharmacological Reports, 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.pharep.2017.11.010.
- Seyed Mahdi Rezayat, A. Dehpour, S. Motamed, Yazdanparast, M. Chamanara, M. Sahebgharani, A. Rashidian, “Foeniculum vulgare essential oil ameliorates acetic acid-induced colitis in rats through the inhibition of NF-kB pathway”, Inflammopharmacology, 2017, DOI: 10.1007/s10787-017-0409-1.
- Pardis Saeedi, Yazdanparast, E. Behzadi, A. H. Salmanian, S. L. Mousavi, Sh. Nazarian, J. Amani, “A review on strategies for decreasing E. coli O157:H7 risk in animals”, Microbial Pathogenesis, 2017, 103. DOI: 10.1016/j.micpath.2017.01.001.
- Fateme Saberi, M. Kamali, Yazdanparast, M. Moosazadeh Moghaddam, A. Najafi, “Natural Antisense RNAs: A review on its function in bacteria”, Cellular & Molecular Biology Letters, 2016, 21:6. DOI: 10.1186/s11658-016-0007-z.
- Alavieh Yazdanparast, S. Mousavi, A. H. Salmanian, J. Amani, “Immunogenical study of chimeric recombinant Intimin-Tir of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in mice”, Archives of Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2012, April; 7(2): 45-51. EID: 2-s2.0-84898684923.
PUBLICATIONS IN PERSIAN
- Maryam Yazdanparast, “A Mini Review on Hot Topics in Precision Medicine With Special Reference to Cancer”, Personalized Medicine Journal of Iran, 2017, Printed in Persian.
- Maryam Yazdanparast (2017) “A mini-review on Hot Topics in Precision Medicine”, The First International Congress of Iranian Personalized Medicine, Tehran Imam Khomeini Hospital Conference Center, Iran.
- Alavieh Yazdanparast, S. L. Mousavi, J. Amani, H. Sedighian, (2010) “Cloning and Production of a chimeric recombinant protein in Escherichia coli from a synthetic gene composed of truncated Intimin and Tir of coli O157:H7 and evaluation of its immunogenicity in Mice”, The 16th National and 4th International Conference of Biology, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
- Hamid Sedighian, S. L. Mousavi, J. Amani, Yazdanparast, (2010) “Cloning and Production of a chimeric recombinant protein in Escherichia coli from a synthetic gene composed of truncated EspA and Intimin of E. coli O157:H7 and evaluation of its immunogenicity in Mice”, The 16th National and 4th International Conference of Biology, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
- Co-authoring, “Physiochemical assessment of Bovine Serum Albumin in the presence of SDS and Chloramphenicol”.
- Editor, Journal of Applied Biotechnology Reports, Tehran, Iran, 2016-Now.
- Counselor, Editor, and coach of Scientific writing, Tehran, Iran, 2011-Now.
- NIVAND Science and Sight C, A private cooperative company founded to develop project-based learning for school students. Board and executive member, 2008-Now.
Designed educational experiments and arranged competitions. Participated as a member of the PBL-instructor team in costumer schools (mentioned in teaching experiences).
- Translator of scientific and journal materials from English (to Persian or vice versa), 2007-Now.
- Internship, Medical laboratory of Ghaem hospital, Karaj, Iran, 2015- 2015.
- Arbitration supervisor, 7th Tebyan Festival of Grader’s Projects, Tehran International Fairground, 2012.
Scheduled and managed the referee committee to review over 700 projects in three parts of oral presentations, tournaments, and exhibition.
- Project material production, Tebyan Cultural Institute, Education and Learning Department. 2011.
- Computer room administrator, student work, 2006-2009.
- PBL supervisor, Salam-e-Yasin Primary school, Summer 2012.
- Invited referee for different schools’ science project exhibitions.
- Full-time teacher of sciences, Noor-e-Alavi Primary school, November 2013-May 2015.
- Part-time teacher of PBL (Project Based Learning), in 6 distinguished high schools (In reverse chronological order: Farzanegan-e 10, Salam-e-Farmaniyeh, Meshkat, Aein-e Roshan-e Noor, Farzanegan-e Yazd) and one guidance school (Roshangar), Tehran, Iran, 2006-2014.
Introduced PBL, developed practical projects based on students’ ideas and interests (Brainstorm), Leaded students to design their experiment method, conduct their projects, Advised them in documentation and presentation.
- Self-administered tutor, Biology of High School, Jan. 2013- June 2014.
- Yazdanparast, (2010) “Oil-Eating Microbes”, NIVAND Press: Tehran, Iran.
A book in series named “Projects for all” (for 12-16 years old students, In Persian)
- A member of material translation team for “Proteins: A Review on Structure and Function” by Dr. M. Khodabande, (2012), National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (NIGEB) press: Tehran, Iran (Printed in Persian).
- Genetic Engineering Techniques (RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, Real-Time PCR) (National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology)
- An Introduction to Bioinformatics (Tarbiat Modares University of Tehran)
- An Introduction to R Programming (Tarbiat Modares University of Tehran)
- Interactive Teaching (Noor-e Alavi Primary school)
- RT-PCR (AriaTeb Co.)
- English: Fluent Internet Based TOEFL score: 103 (Test Date: 16 Oct.2016); L: 28, R: 26, W: 25, S: 24.
- Persian: Native
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS
IT skills: Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet.
Reference Manager: Endnote
General personality: Approachable, Team working, Learner, Honest, Committed, Responsible.
COMMUNITY SERVICES ACTIVITIES
- Member of supplement group of SOS (Society of Students Against Poverty -Imam Ali’s Popular Students Relief Society)
- Member of Executive Board of 021 (Community of Yazdi Alumni of NODET  in Tehran)
- Founding Board of YAZDAN (The community of Yazdi students and graduates of Tehran University)
- Member of SAMPAD society (The community of Alumni of NODET-Yazd)
- Member of Executive Board of Biology society- Faculty of Science- Tehran University
 National Organization for Developing Exceptional Talents